Welcome to the new How To Gurus Blog

Where you can always find my latest Demos and YouTube Videos. You will find samples taken from my Training DVDs and also exclusive videos created specifically for my online audience.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Using forms on a Yahoo web site

Hi George Peirson,
I bought "How to Gurus" DVD training for Adobe Dreamweaver CS3, and I have been learning a lot from them. Thank you for you good job. I have a question about forms. I didn't't find answer from Yahoo about
what kind of script I can use to my e-mail form. They said, "I am sorry but Yahoo! Web Hosting does not provide assistance for advanced PHP, Perl scripts." Perhaps I didn't't make my self clear to them, but I follow your advise in the DVD to find how they deal with forms. I would like to know if you can help me about this.
Thank you very much,
C.S.


Hi C.S., Yahoo uses their own system for such things as email forms.

Here is where I found it in our Yahoo website (could be slightly different for you depending on the Yahoo service you purchased):

• Go to your Web Hosting Control Panel
• Click on the Create & Update tab
• In the Add-Ons section you should see Visitor Feedback Tools.
• One of the Visitor Feedback Tools is Email Forms
• Use either their Sample Email Form 1 or Sample Email Form 2 to add a form to your web page
• You can then use one of their web tools, like PageBuilder, or you can use Dreamweaver to modify the form by adding or deleting form fields.
• If you use Dreamweaver you will need to set up Dreamweaver to access your Yahoo account.
• By using one of the Sample Forms you will get the correct coding to run the form on your web site, then just edit the form as needed.
• The form software is built into the Yahoo server, so you don't need to worry about that.

George